Have you ever experienced a jerking motion when turning your steering wheel?
It can be quite scary, because of the imminent possibility of losing the power steering whilst driving.
There are a few checks you could do yourself (depending on your auto mechanical abilities), or you would need to book your car into a certified Power Steering workshop.
• Firstly check your fluid level, and fill if required. If you needed to fill it, that means there is a leak that needs attention ASAP!
• Secondly check the belt at the pump. If this is loose, it will require tightening (this would need to be done by a technician if you are unsure of what to do)
• If the engine idle is too slow, the problem could be engine related or electronically related. Ask a qualified technician to trouble shoot it for you.
• If there is low pump pressure, your pump may need rebuilding or replacing.
• Lastly, your mechanic needs to check for a steering linkage hitting an obstruction, and correct the clearance.
Sometimes it is better to be forewarned, and better to get your car steering checked out before something goes wrong.
CALL US TODAY to get your car booked in for FREE a steering and suspension check up!